Monday, November 5, 2007

Pyrotenax

TAFE students this morning are doing Pyrotenax cable termination exercises.

I've seen this strange looking gadgets here around the store, but with my years of experience in defence and computing; this is the first time I've come across this type of cabling. I've done mostly RF transmission cabling and in the advent of computing, category 5 cabling.

So this, to say the least, is something new to me. And that is great, I am still learning!

A quick info to those who's not in the know (well, most electricians would -- my excuse is I am an electronics tech!); this cabling are mostly used for fire survival cable systems. I am also amazed that they are the same cabling system used for underflooring heating!

For more info, use link in the title; or try Googling it for the many applications and suppliers.

No comments: